Winter Rail Escapade to British Columbia, Canada
29 March – 6 April, 2020
Our annual winter rail outing takes us to British Columbia, Canada in 2020. Our journey begins and concludes in Vancouver. Optional travel from California on Amtrak’s the Coast Starlight is available.
• Rail travel: Features over 1600 miles of rail travel in British Columbia. Includes the remote Northern Transcontinental line extending from the North Pacific coast to the Rockies, and the Canadian National Railway main line through the Rockies.
• Enjoy vista dome views on the Skeena, traveling from the port of Prince Rupert, located just 30 miles should of Alaska, across central British Columbia, crossing the Rockies’ Arctic Divide at Yellowhead Pass, ending in Jasper.
• Experience travel on the Canadian, one of the world’s great rail journeys. Refreshed and updated classic stainless steel cars reflect the 1950’s grand era of post-war rail travel, with a dining car serving freshly prepared meals in the classic railroad tradition, a visita dome lounge car, and sleeping cars offering a variety of accommodations.
• Full day of sightseeing in Jasper National Park, including visits to Maligne and Pyramid Lakes, Athabaska Falls, along with wildlife spotting.
• Be welcomed by the Gitselasu, the First Nations people of Kitselas Canyon, to their homeland along the Fraser River. Our special program will introduce you to their traditions, music and foods.
• Free time to sample the attractions of cosmopolitan Vancouver.
Fares, from Vancouver, $2245 to $2895 per person based on the type of sleeping car accommodation selected on the Canadian. Includes all transportation, lodging, 11 meals, all admission fees at points visited by the group. Single occupancy at hotels add $300.