Canadian Rockies by rail plus Yellowstone by snowcoach
23 February to 2 March, 2018
The Canadian Rockies and Yellowstone National Park are highlights of our Winter Rail Escapade outing in late February. Our travels begin in Vancouver, B.C., and conclude in Salt Lake City, UT. Optional travel packages to Vancouver and home from Salt Lake City on Amtrak is also available.
• VIA Rail Canada’s Canadian from Vancouver to Jasper, through the Canadian Rockies in daylight. This classic train features vista dome lounge cars, dining car with meals prepared on board, and a variety of sleeping car accommodations.
• Highway travel by chartered motor coach through Jasper and Banff National Parks, including the spectacular Icefields Parkway.
• Lunch as the renowned Château Lake Louise, and touring in nearby Banff
• Kootenay National Park
• Full day tour of Yellowstone National Park using 8 passenger snowcoaches. At this time of year, roads in Yellowstone are accessible only by snowcoach and snowmobiles. Many stops at point of interest and for wildlife are included. Visit includes Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, Old Faithful, Fountain Paint Pots, Gibbon Falls, Norris Geyser Basin and other sites.
• Other features include a private tour of the Copper King mansion in Butte, and the Utah State Railroad Museum in Ogden.
• Optional travel on Amtrak’s Coast Starlight from California to Tacoma, Washington, featuring 118 miles along the California coast, Mt. Shasta, and the Cascade Mountains of Oregon, with connecting service to Vancouver, British Columbia
Fares, from Vancouver to Salt Lake City $2095 to $2545 per person based on the type of sleeping car accommodation selected on the Canadian. Includes all transportation, lodging, 10 meals, all admission fees at points visited by the group and full day snowcoach tour of Yellowstone National Park.